Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dear Santa




Dear Santa,

I know you are super busy this time of year. I feel your pain as I too have been the busiest ever this year and now facing the holidays, I see the frenzy my world has spun into. With that acknowledgement I want you to know how much I appreciate your role in my life. You are that piece of magic that brings tears to my eyes when I am sad at the holidays. You are the smile that beams across the face of my children and friends on the morning after your arrival. You are that feeling in my heart when I have accomplished my shopping, cards and notes and baking and wrapping. You are my sense of accomplishment. Much like what I experienced in other times of my life.


Thank you! Thank you for granting me your spirit of giving. Giving to myself and to my loved ones. Giving of myself and of my abilities. Thank you for being in my culture and in my heart and thoughts.

So now comes the secondly most important part of my letter to you. "The Ask"! Yes still with the belief of a small child I have an "Ask" for you. I ask because I have worked so hard to be a good girl this year, I ask because I believe you still wield power in my heart and that in itself has the potential to manifest itself in so many ways.

Dearest Santa, I ask of you that my children know they are loved. That they feel the power and beauty of their individual worth in my eyes and in the Universe. I ask that you grant us the harmony to make it through the holiday season safely and with peace, good health and love for each other. I ask that you bring them this sense this year. Grant them their hearts desires and dreams that only you can.

Dearest Santa, I ask of you to know and spread the love I have for my friends. I ask that you would grant them their comfort, peace, health and safety. In this crazy time in all our lives, I ask that you, dearest Santa, bring them what they need.
Dearest Santa, I ask that you bless the world with a slower pace, a chance to see each other's faces, to feel of the season not of the holiday, it is long lost. The world spins faster each day, the moments get lost so quickly. Help us hang on to them.

Dearest Santa, I ask for myself lastly, to brighten my horizon, bless me with the moments of grace, beauty and peace that I long for this season. Bless me with quiet time and the strength to see the moment. Bless with me with a comfortable hot bath, a long session of a loved one brushing my hair, hours of peaceful sleep and deep and rewarding dreams. Bless me with the skills to do more than last year, to feel and hear the voice that drives my soul. Bless me with the power and intuition to move mountains and people so that the world is a better place. Bless me with the gifts you gave me in past years in a more enhanced way...update my program and make me better this year. Help me see more, be more and feel more, love more, work more efficiently, hug longer, see deeper, breathe clearer. Dearest Santa, Give me nothing more of the material things but of the gifts of life and the gifts of the Universe. Enhance me to be a better mom, a better leader, a better friend, a better lover, a better sister, aunt, cousin, daughter and person.

Dearest Santa, I hope these things I ask are carried in the amount of space that resembles a thimble. I hope their weight is light and their gifts eternal. I know you are that universal spirit of all that we can believe in.

Thank you Santa!

P.S. I think red is your best color and I will be listening for you!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Wonder Woman:
    Just remember to leave the damper on your chimney flue open!
    S. Claus

    ReplyDelete