Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mountain through the Hills

It was stunning. I thought I had lost my breath. As I drove over the crest of the hill, there it was staring me in the face. That range of mountains that I had failed to see for many days. I had missed it for perhaps many months. The clouds were gone. The air was clear. Sunny and bright. Nothing barring my view. The snow covered mountains that all along were so near to me and yet seemed so far away. In the past I had felt so far from them. So devastated by the altitude and work that was required from me to overcome them. To climb them, to see past the hill into the horizon. It appeared that it was not achievable.

Now there they were for me just as if they had been there all along. Right in front of me and right behind me.


Seeing the Mountains through the hills. "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." -Albert Einstein


The hills have me challenged. Stress, loves, worries, tasks too big for me to realize. I had forgotten my way. Forgotten where I came from. Forgotten the commitment to cross this path, this journey to accomplish this trek. A deep breath, a warming sense of knowing. I felt alive again. I feel appreciative to have the sight, the vision and the feeling of achievement before me, behind me and yet still standing on the hill and able to see where I been and where I am going. I see the lows and the highs. I know that this feeling has to carry me. I am carrying on.

No comments:

Post a Comment