Saturday, April 24, 2010

Just beccause...


There seems to be this piece of me that keeps track of parts of my life that are out of balance. Once in a while I can see this part and hear it's tappings on my consciousness. It is a bit Edgar Allen Poe, but makes sense when so much runs quickly through my mind and my days.

It's as if I beleive I can manage it all and keep things in check. Then I get the message that things are on "tilt" and I hit the eject button to once again put my feet on the ground. I hear the cries of need and want from parts of my life and people in my life. I choose once again to climb into my ride of believing that I can juggle it all and and make it make sense. There isn't much that doesn't make me halt except this "tilt".
Like a hamster on a wheel, running, picking up speed and gaining momentum. Then I suddenly realize I am not keeping up with the speed of the wheel. My foot trips and I am swinging upside down on the wheel and getting dizzy. Ah-ha! The break-neck speed has caught me by the toe. I am in a spin.
When time allows for a slower pace I am wondering what is missing, count my chicklings and check the stability of my realm. Yes, once again I sit looking at the hamster wheel feeling invincable, super hero strength and tell myself I can do it. Is it the rush of break-neck speed that I miss or just the rush from the challenge of the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment