Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mirrors in my path











I have been faced with mirrors in my path. Some small and some large. Covering the entire horizon. Vast. Cracked, smoked, and some unclear.
I am the mirror of my children, my work and my world. I have been the reflection of what I have manifested. I have set the mirrors in my path to know and to realize. Who would have thought that these very mirrors would have been the stumbling blocks and the obstacles that I have by-passed before. Divine and eternal.
I see myself in a new light. I see my children with compassion as I see myself.
I see the gray, I see the importance of each view, each moment of actualization in myself and my world.
I am grateful for the other things that influence my thoughts. My own Mom, my chance to sit on my porch and hear the owl hoot, the reflection in silence and in sound.
Who was that woman in the mirror? Who was that child? What is she seeking? Who does she see? Is it me? The real me? The reality of what others see or what I struggle to clarify? Affirmations shed to the side and bounce around in an empty mind of wonder.
I am here. I am mindful. I am present. I wonder what will tomorrow's reflection be like. How will it ripple to others? How will it settle when the water is settled in its' turbulence.
What happens when the storm is still? Is it to mean something more? Should more come? Should I be protected, prepared or should I allow the storm to roll over us like a wave of a strong current on a tropical beach, under tow or just a gentle tug?
To gray or not to gray? That is the question. Much of who we are is in how we see ourselves. Finding the peace and comfort in all that we portray.
I am sure I have left a trail, a legacy in my path. I am grateful for that. I am sure that that legacy has been scattered with mirrors along the way.
Size, Shape, Emotion and especially the imprint of what I had hoped for. Transitions are best served in front of a mirror.
Standing in front of a mirror. Embracing the contrast of self esteem and actuality. Looking deeply into the motion of life and the intention and passion of work. Knowing what is best and what is real for a flashing moment. I am puzzled that more do no profess the mirrors in their life and in their humanity. Haven't heard from my family and guides about how it has given them introspect.
None-the-less I will continue to stare and examine the image, the person, the personage in the mirror to make it all that I am. The complete definition of who, what, where and why. The "How" may still escape me but I am hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment