Monday, September 8, 2014

The Oracle Inside: Listening to what our soul is saying!

A new morning and I sat waiting for the doctor to come into the examination room. I sat for more than forty minutes waiting, just so he can go over the pre-op details for tomorrow's procedure.  I read text messages and read a few articles in the magazines next to me.  What I didn't due was tell myself this waiting is crazy!  I felt like my time was not being valued. I had a strong indication that I was feeling more irritated as the moments passed by.  I wanted to get up and walk out but knew I couldn't get the procedure done without it.  What more to add to this journey of being a woman in menopause.  Two periods a month was not comfortable. Constantly feeling tired or run down and subject to the pull of the lunar cycle kept me sitting.

I realized I was ready to take my health back into my own hands a while back.  I have more recently decided that we give our western medical industry too much power over our bodies.  We wait for a pill to change our moods, to alleviate our pains and make us forget that our bodies are in need of change and nurturing.  We think that doctors know more about our bodies than we do. What if we sit and listen to our souls, feel their quiet small voice and know that we are alive inside, operating our bodies to fulfill our destinies. There is an inner oracle that is with us every moment and is able to do great things, miracles and even magic!

Once a long time ago, we were able to communicate with our own oracle as a child in simpler times.  Knowing we have a captain to our life, knowing we were more than flesh and bone was an intrinsic part of our young knowledge.  Part of this knowledge also gave us insight into every living creature.  Simple understanding and clarity from a young human. Isn't it remarkable that as young children we can see things so easily and not judge ourselves for not being "enough"?  The idea of being enough is later implanted into our awareness when we gain the skill of comparison. Somehow taught in a scientific way in school or at home. Sameness and differentness becomes our first lens as we are socialized. It is that sameness or differentness that we measure the rest of our lives, our actions, our thoughts, our bodies and our emotions. That is the origin of losing our ability to hear our own inner voice and oracle.  Instead of listening to our own inner oracle we listen to our inner critic and give our power away to an event or an outside source.
Traveling through the years I can recall moments when I participated with a collective hoping to gain great blessings and joys.  Blessings and joy did cross my path and also with it, I stopped listening to my inner oracle, trusting the outside world for my validation and joy.  Giving the power to recognize and measure myself by others.
Reawakening to the gifts and blessings I have had all along has been a scary experience due to the programming.  This reawakening has given me more strength to keep trying harder and harder with each new scary moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment