Monday, October 19, 2009

Waiting on the bus!







I was just thinking that this all felt like waiting on the bus. I wondered if I watched up the road in the direction of the bus I would be prepared. Watched pots never boil right? That won't work!






How should I wait? Should I wait near the curb and run the risk of be splashed by the traffic in life? Should I stand a few feet away and listen to music or read my book? That might make the time pass but it surely won't help me be alert. Those in themselves are distractions that I might not be able to afford if I miss the bus completely and have to wait for it to come back by in another 263 years.






Will the bus be full? Will there be things that are inspiring? Things that are scary? Will it be a fast ride or a bumpy ride or a tediously laborious ride to the next stop? What passengers will accompany me? Will we talk to each other or just make awkward eye contact to acknowledge each other?



Listening for the bus. Recognizing that rush of warm air from the engine that warms me on a cold brisk morning. The smell of fuel leaks out and comes before the ride.






I know there is much to be patient for. I can hear my sister and even my own mother's voice telling me countless times..."patience is a virtue". Yes but it is not one that I am gifted with.



Darn that bus! I am ready to go! I have things to do and people to meet, lives to touch, things to change and adventures untold!

1 comment:

  1. Ann:
    I love your blog. Upon pondering your latest one I begin to realize.....
    my soul drives a bus! : ) (remember the airport shuttle driver?)
    I am suddenly paying more attention, looking out the window, enjoying the scenery. There are clues there as to where we're headed, and in the meantime I am truly enjoying the ride!
    Love you beautiful friend!
    GB

    ReplyDelete