Friday, September 11, 2009

Ode to a bestest buddy! Red!

Finally got this picture from Deb. She has been a good friend and a real trooper over the past four years. We have seen each other though good, bad and ugly times! I know she was put in my path for a reason. I am grateful that she has the strength of a valiant giant and the wisdom of a woman on a mission. Although some of us lose our vision when clouds approach I am thankful to have her for a barometer from time to time.

When we first met I thought she was the quickest witted woman on earth. She didn't seem to give a crap what others thought and carried herself that way. Wow! Another TALL WOMAN! Finally I have met someone worthy of my goofiness and trials and friendship. Someone who put their pants on the same way I did! LONG!

She smiled at me when I felt like crying, she laughed at me when I thought I was dying. There wasn't a movement that didn't orchestrate a smirk from her when we were finding ourselves in tune...fellow choristers unite! She would have tied my hands behind my back if I had asked her!

In her darkest moment she was still loving and kind and forgiving. In her happiest moments she remembered to check on me. Unselfishly! My trials were met with her support.

Now it is the season of tables turning. I must support her in phone calls and in laughs and whatever else the crisis demands. She is truly a gift to me. I am grateful for her beauty, her talent and her friendship. An example to what the spirit of friendship is and what many fall sorely short of! How lucky can a girl get!

I know why the cage bird sings...be it for the moment! Thank you Deb!

No comments:

Post a Comment