Friday, September 4, 2009

Optimisim


Fall is here. I know. The trees started changing colors, it is darker, earlier and the kids will be back in school before I can blink. Sleeping with the window open is so comfy when all the comforters are in place and not kicked on the floor. The stars are out more or is it just the sky seems so dark and it is easier to shine in dark times for stars. I think that is important to note!


Daily horoscopes, intuition, the season of reviews. Fall is so reflective. Changes coming. It is easier to handle what I can see coming. Knowing where the bullets come from in life makes it easier to dodge.


I am recalling that Fall as a season has always been a happy one. I used to think it was because of the new clothes for back to school or the new pair of shoes I got as a kid. I remember the smell of a fresh ream of notebook paper and erasers when we got new school supplies. How privileged I was to have new school supplies. Many children all over the world do not. I never thought about that while I was growing up.
That reminds me...
There always was that parental comment to remind me to eat because there were children in third world countries that would kill for the food I was turning my nose up at! I knew all too well that statement was true having grown up in southeast Asia, I had even played with those kids in the streets of Bangkok. It still didn't make me like to eat Lima beans, Brussels sprouts and canned peas.

It is Friday so I will continue to fill more moments remembering my dreams from the night. My thoughts of tomorrow and especially my smells and sights of Fall from the moment. I am grateful for the dusty smell of fall leaves, new erasers, new shoes and a cool night to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment