Saturday, September 26, 2009

Too much or too little?

Is it the moment of epiphany that strikes us calm, quiet and mindful? Or is it the act of a reaction in the events of our lives?

Everyday the balance becomes tremendous. This goes here and that goes there. These things await and these people are in need. I must listen and I must speak.

So the quote from the week that sat with me and caused me to stew..."We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out." -Ray Bradbury

I know I feel as if it is trivial at times but still I wonder about it. Is the glass half full? Half empty? Too much coming in or just not enough capacity to handle it all?

The glass is half full for me. Knowing I am half way into my journey. Knowing I have much to come. Much to be realized. Much to learn.

There is not too much coming! I know that I need to expand my capacity to handle the journey. My glass needs to grow. My cup needs to expand. Then I will be ready.
There isn't a moment of ready. Like becoming a parent or growing up. It is not a marked moment in readiness. We just become along the way.

Now the process, the journey. Learning to spill, and share and allow for the flow of things in and out of my life. No control. Just in the moment of being. Allowing the talent, love and hurts and fears to be. Allowing them the place in time and space. Not controlling, but allowing the Universe to do it's job and for me and my journey to do mine. Knowing nothing will remain the same. The capacity to fulfill our purpose! Breathing into the belly. Knowing the place is just as it should be and the time is exactly what it was designed for. Hoping for nothing and being overwhelmingly surprised at the outcome. Whatever it may be.

Trusting the seconds that pass and are marked by sounds around me. Sounds within me and the thoughts that narrate my moments. How powerful this place is! Wowed by the presence of this thought.

So you think, "this is too deep!" Not so much. Just thinking about the kids growing, the work of everyday life, the connection between the people I love and their journeys. It is just what is quietly running when there is silence from the hum pf the television, conversations, road noise, worries, constant internal dialog, thoughts popping (literally) into my mind. Making the worries take their place. Granting the right order, place and value to what they should be. Remembering the purpose of this blog. Just acknowledging the pinnacle for me to obtain and direct myself.


Looking to the awakening. Trying to remember the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment